About The Center for Innovative GYN Care®
The Center for Innovative GYN Care® (CIGC®) was founded in 2001 by laparoscopic surgical specialists Paul MacKoul, MD, and Natalya Danilyants, MD. Their practice is driven by a set of overarching beliefs:
- Patients deserve to be truly heard and for their symptoms to be taken seriously.
- Pain is not normal and should not have to be endured.
- The “watch and wait” approach taken by many OBGYNs is not always appropriate and risks the condition getting worse, leading to additional suffering and potential complications.
- All patients, regardless of race or sexual and gender identity, deserve the same access to high-quality health care.
- Surgical scars, pain and recovery time should be as minimal as possible.
Conditions We Treat
Our specialists have performed more than 25,000 surgical procedures, bringing relief to women suffering from GYN symptoms such as heavy bleeding, pelvic pain, infertility and more.
Our experts developed advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques that give women the best treatment experience possible. Because the techniques require extensive skill and training, CIGC’s specialists are among the few surgeons anywhere routinely using these methods.
- Procedures only take about an hour.
- Surgeons make just two to three small incisions.
- Scars are ¼ inch long.
- Pain is minimal.
- Recovery takes only about a week.
- Complication rates are the lowest of all surgical methods.
Neither standard laparoscopy, robotic-assisted laparoscopy nor open abdominal surgery can match the outcomes of surgeries performed with DualPortGYN and LAAM. CIGC’s exceptional patient outcomes have been published in prestigious medical journals such as The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology and The American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
CIGC’s renowned surgical specialists have developed advanced, minimally invasive GYN surgical techniques for women of all ages. Our fellowship-trained surgeons provide a personalized approach for each patient, coupled with a commitment to deliver treatment that minimizes pain, complications and recovery time.
Talk to a CIGC patient advocate today.
Dr. Paul MacKoul and Dr. Natalya Danilyants built upon their laparoscopic surgery expertise with the launch of The Center for Innovative GYN Care in 2001. Since then, the practice has expanded to multiple locations, bringing specialized care to women in the Washington, D.C., and New York City metro areas as well as northern New Jersey.
The CIGC Travel Program
Women come from out of state and around the world for treatment with our state-of-the-art techniques. Our travel program and helpful patient advocates make traveling long distances for GYN surgery as seamless as possible.
At CIGC, our high patient satisfaction begins with our dedicated, mission-driven team. Browse open positions!