The CIGC Patient Process
The Center for Innovative GYN Care® (CIGC®) physicians have redefined minimally invasive surgery for complex GYN conditions. Women travel from around the world to experience the innovative DualPortGYN® and LAAM® techniques developed by the CIGC surgical specialists. These techniques are used to treat complex GYN conditions, such as fibroids and endometriosis, which would normally be treated with more invasive open or robotic procedures. The advanced CIGC techniques provide superior surgical outcomes, helping thousands of women find relief from symptoms, with quicker recovery and less pain. Learn about the CIGC patient process.
- Call CIGC at 888-SURGERY or fill out the Schedule a Consult form
- A Patient Relations Coordinator (PRC) will reach out within 24 hours to schedule your appointment
- The PRC will advise on any test and/or imaging results that should be submitted to CIGC prior to your scheduled appointment
- Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email, including a patient portal username and password
- Please complete your registration via our patient portal, prior to your appointment
- CIGC staff will verify your insurance prior to your scheduled appointment
- The CIGC specialists review each patient case in advance of the consultation
- During the consultation, your physician will ask about your symptoms and concerns
- The physician will provide a brief education on your symptoms & the condition you are suffering from, and will recommend next steps for treatment
- On a case-by-case basis, fertility aspects will be discussed
- If surgery is recommended, the physician will explain the technique and expected outcome
- If surgery is recommended and you choose to move forward with CIGC, one of our Surgical Schedulers will reach out to schedule the procedure
- The Surgical Scheduler is your primary contact through this process and is able to answer any questions you may have
- You will receive a preop email prior to your surgery, with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your upcoming procedure
- All materials, including postop instructions, should be read before surgery
- Surgery will be performed as an outpatient procedure, either at a surgery center or a local hospital
- You will be given an arrival time, which will be communicated to you prior to your surgery
- You must have an adult escort to take you home, due to the effects of the anesthesia
- The surgery scheduling team will send your local pharmacy the appropriate prescriptions for after your surgery
- Surgery will be performed as an outpatient procedure either at a surgery center or local hospital
- A nurse will call you within three days following your surgery to see how you are feeling and to answer any questions you may have
- If an ER visit is necessary, always go to the nearest hospital emergency room
- The surgical instructions provided by your Surgical Scheduler will help answer many questions pertaining to your recovery
- For urgent questions and concerns, please call our main office number and the physician on call number provided in the instructions packet
- CIGC staff will contact you within 48–72 hours following surgery to schedule the postop follow-up appointment, 2–4 weeks after your procedure
- At your postop follow-up appointment, you will discuss your recovery process with your physician
- If necessary, the physician will provide recommendations for further management of the disease
The Center for Innovative GYN Care wants to make it as easy as possible for you to manage the costs of our services. The information presented here will help you better understand the billing process and prepare you in advance for your visit. By discussing expenses in advance with your doctor, your insurer, and the hospital, you will be better able to manage your medical bills.
As a new patient at The Center for Innovative GYN Care, you will speak with our Patient Relations Coordinators to complete a patient information form, and verify your insurance information.
Please bring your insurance identification card(s) with you to all appointments. A photocopy will be placed in your billing file. If you are covered by more than one insurance company, please let us know which company is the primary carrier. This will help to avoid any delays in receiving benefits. If there is any change in your health coverage, please contact the office to update your records.
CIGC participates with most major insurance carrier plans. For specific insurance information, call 888-787-4379 and choose option 7. We will submit claims to your carrier on your behalf. At this time, we do not accept patients with Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and Kaiser HMO.
Some insurance companies require you to use a specific laboratory or to obtain referrals or pre-authorization for office visits, hospital admissions, and treatment. It is your responsibility to obtain the initial referral and to bring this with you on the day of your first visit. If you need assistance with your insurance requirements, our staff will make every effort to help you. Co-payments/outstanding balances are expected at the time of your visit. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and personal checks with your printed name, address, and phone number.