Your Post-Op Instructions: LEEP/CONIZATION OF THE CERVIX
- Call the office to schedule a post operative appointment two to four weeks after your surgery.
- If an ER visit is necessary post-operatively, always go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
- Call your doctor right away if you experience:
- Fever higher than 100.4 degrees
- Shortness of breath
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Severe pain not relieved with your pain medication
- Office # (301) 652-4800
- Physician on-call # (301) 801-1717
The Center for Innovative GYN Care is committed to ensuring that your post-operative experience is as comfortable as possible. The following information will help answer frequently asked questions and will help you understand some of the common experiences that may occur after your surgery. Please do not hesitate to call the office with any additional questions about your recovery.
HOW MUCH ACTIVITY CAN I DO AFTER SURGERY?
You may resume regular activities in one day.
WHEN CAN I RESUME SEX?
Intercourse should be avoided for a minimum of four weeks.
WHEN CAN I TAKE A SHOWER?
Shower as usual. Avoid tub baths until the spotting has stopped.
HOW SHOULD I MANAGE MY PAIN AFTER SURGERY?
You may have some abdominal cramping. You may take Advil or Tylenol to reduce the discomfort.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE BLEEDING AFTER SURGERY?
You can expect to have some mild brown/black discharge for up to two weeks. This should be mild. If you have heavy bleeding, like a period, please call the office. Minor vaginal bleeding can be present during the entire healing process of one month.
SHOULD I FOLLOW A SPECIAL DIET?
You may have regular food as tolerated.