Tower Surgical Partners (TSP), in conjunction with the Center for Innovative GYN Care, requires the services of an experienced Surgical Assistant for its Rockville free standing Ambulatory Surgical Center.
TSP is an ambulatory surgical center development company located in Rockville MD specializing in the placement and management of advanced GYN ASC facilities. TSP works closely with its clinical partner, the Center for Innovative GYN Care (CIGC), to provide access for patients to the highest quality GYN surgical services available. CIGC has developed “new procedural technology” including DualportGYN and LAAM procedures allowing major GYN surgical procedures to be performed in an outpatient ASC setting. Demand for these procedures is significant, with patients from 46 states and 17 foreign countries accessing TSP’s Rockville location since 2013.
The TSP/CIGC model is a unique and progressive concept with potential for expansion regionally and nationally. This model has unlimited market potential, and requires employees who are dedicated, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and superb work ethic.
The emphasis TSP places on staff support and employee satisfaction in the workplace is unequalled. Retention and development of all employees is of the highest priority
REPORTS TO: CLINICAL MANAGER
LOCATION: ROCKVILLE, MD
Essential Job Functions:
- Positions the patient in accordance with the surgeon’s instruction.
- Uses standard and specialized equipment to aid in patient positioning.
- Provides the surgeon with appropriate visualization of the operative site using retractors, sponges, and other techniques according to standards.
- Performs duties as a surgical technician in all surgical specialties practicing in the ambulatory surgery center.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes, i.e., sutures and staples.
- Selects and applies appropriate wound dressings.
- Assists with patient transport to and from OR, including from gurney to bed.
- Participates in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established criteria.
- Performs other related duties as indicated.
- Three (3) years of continuous, documented experience as a certified surgical assistant in the role.
- Certification credentialed by one of the following is required:
- The National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting -Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA).
- Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist (LCC-ST) – Certified Surgical Technologist/Certified First Assistant (CST/CFA) credential.
- National Surgical Assistant Association – Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA).
- American Board of Surgical Assistants – Surgical Assistant – Certified (SA-C).
- BLS certification required.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Surgical Assistant: 3 years