PreOP/PACU Registered Nurse – Full Time, Part Time, PRNBack
$10,000 Signing Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available for Full Time Employees!
- Performance/Productivity Bonuses Quarterly
- Education and Tuition Assistance
- Extremely competitive compensation rates
- FT Employee benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match
- FT Employees are eligible for $10,000 Signing Bonus with a 2 year employment agreement.
- PT/PRN are eligible for up to a $5,000 Signing Bonus subject to an employment agreement
Tower Surgical Partners (TSP), in conjunction with the Center for Innovative GYN Care, requires the services of an experienced PreOP/PACU RN for its Rockville free standing Ambulatory Surgical Center.
TSP is an ambulatory surgical center development company located in Rockville MD specializing in the placement and management of advanced GYN ASC facilities. TSP works closely with its clinical partner, the Center for Innovative GYN Care (CIGC), to provide access for patients to the highest quality GYN surgical services available. CIGC has developed “new procedural technology” including DualportGYN and LAAM procedures allowing major GYN surgical procedures to be performed in an outpatient ASC setting. Demand for these procedures is significant, with patients from 46 states and 17 foreign countries accessing TSP’s Rockville location since 2013.
The TSP/CIGC model is a unique and progressive concept with potential for expansion regionally and nationally. This model has unlimited market potential, and requires employees who are dedicated, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and superb work ethic.
The emphasis TSP places on staff support and employee satisfaction in the workplace is unequalled. Retention and development of all employees is of the highest priority.
The PREOP/PACU Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The RN is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility. The nurse also performs nursing care for the patient in the immediate postoperative/post anesthesia period, assessing and documenting patient’s status upon arrival in the PACU. Provides nursing care to meet patient needs related to surgical condition and type of anesthesia administered, monitoring patient and informing surgeon or anesthetist of observed complications. The RN will assure that the patient is prepared for discharge by providing the necessary education to the patient and his/her responsible caregiver.
REPORTS TO: CLINICAL MANAGER
LOCATION: ROCKVILLE, MD
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure patient readiness for surgery including, but not limited to, NPO status, medication administration, surgical site verification and chart completeness.
- Assists in managing inventory of supplies, drugs, and equipment to maintain availability and stock levels in the pre and postoperative areas.
- Monitors patients and informs surgeon or anesthetist of observed complications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions and side effects of medications administered in the PACU.
- Performs thorough postoperative patient assessment prior to discharge of the patient
- Develops a plan of care for the patient based on the assessment data.
- Reviews postoperative instructions and prescriptions from the surgeon with patient and significant other and documents in the patient’s medical record.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current RN License in the State of Maryland/Virginia/DC or ability to obtain one
- BLS/ACLS certification
- 3 – 5 years Pre and Post-operative experience