Tower Surgical Partners (TSP), in conjunction with the Center for Innovative GYN Care, requires the services of an experienced OR/Circulator RN for its Rockville free standing Ambulatory Surgical Center.
TSP is an ambulatory surgical center development company located in Rockville MD specializing in the placement and management of advanced GYN ASC facilities. TSP works closely with its clinical partner, the Center for Innovative GYN Care (CIGC), to provide access for patients to the highest quality GYN surgical services available. CIGC has developed new procedural technology including DualportGYN and LAAM procedures allowing major GYN surgical procedures to be performed in an outpatient ASC setting. Demand for these procedures is significant, with patients from 46 states and 17 foreign countries accessing CIGC’s Rockville location since 2013.
The Registered OR/Circulator Nurse provides nursing care to the patient during the intraoperative phase. The nurse addresses patient needs during entry to the operating room with attention to requirements specific to the outpatient setting. The OR/Circulator RN adheres to approved operating room procedures for the scheduled procedure. This position is Monday-Friday with no nights, weekends, or on-call.
• Position the patient safely, padding bony prominences and ensuring respiratory and circulatory protection
• Ensure correct prepping and draping procedures
• Conduct “time out” process prior to incision to ensure correct patient, correct procedures and correct surgical site
• Ensure asepsis during all procedures
• Open and present sterile items to sterile field aseptically; ensures supplies are not expired
• Account for all sponges, needles, sharps, during and after the procedures and documenting appropriately
• Implement plan of care safely and effectively
• Explain intra-operative phase of routine procedures and care to the patient
• Anticipate needs of surgical team and assists anesthesia personnel by supporting patient during administration of anesthesia
• Provide continuity of patient care by communicating with other perioperative care personnel and documenting records accordingly
• Work collaboratively with team to assist in room turnover.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing
• Current RN License in the State of Maryland/Virginia/DC
• 3 -5 years Operating Room experience
• BLS/ACLS certified
• GYN experience preferred