Certified Surgical TechnologistBack
Tower Surgical Partners (TSP), in conjunction with the Center for Innovative GYN Care, requires the services of an experienced Certified Surgical Technologist for its Rockville free standing Ambulatory Surgical Center.
TSP is an ambulatory surgical center development company located in Rockville MD specializing in the placement and management of advanced GYN ASC facilities. TSP works closely with its clinical partner, the Center for Innovative GYN Care (CIGC), to provide access for patients to the highest quality GYN surgical services available. CIGC has developed new procedural technology including DualportGYN and LAAM procedures allowing major GYN surgical procedures to be performed in an outpatient ASC setting. Demand for these procedures is significant, with patients from 46 states and 17 foreign countries accessing TSP’s Rockville location since 2013.
The Certified Surgical Technician will prepare the operating room and arrange equipment in order to assist the surgeon during a medical procedure. Responsibilities for this position include preparing operating rooms, sterilizing equipment, passing instruments to the surgeons, moving patients, and dressing wounds.
- Assembles supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures according to physicians’ preference cards
- Inspects equipment for proper working condition
- Follows principles of aseptic technique and prescribed operating/procedure room procedures
- Arranges instruments according to given procedure
- Confirms that instruments work properly
- Maintains availability of instruments and supplies to avoid delays
- Assists in receiving supply orders and maintains working knowledge of inventory on hand
- Work collaboratively with team to assist in room turnover
- CST Certified
- 5 years operating room experience
- 3 years GYN experience
- BLS Certification